Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Morning Update

Okay, so I am Travis' "eldest sister" as he refers to me. I'm not good at this blogging stuff, but I'm going to do my best to keep everyone updated on dad this week. (Travis is at camp with the church.) I'm not the writer that he is, but I told him I would try.

Dad had a great night last night. When he woke up this morning, the nurse said he was doing "great", but had a lot of work to do today. So far, he has put his mind to it, and is tackling all the work with great effort and is succeeding far above what the doctors thought he would do. Mom just text me about a half hour ago and said, " He's going to his own room!". I don't believe anyone knows just how big of a miracle this is. When I told mom I would be updating the blog for Travis, she asked me to tell you all something. So I will quote, "Please tell everyone that I cannot put in to words what all the cards, emails, and calls have meant to me and your dad. I am so grateful for each and every one of them. I have read the emails to him, and we have wept together at how many people are praying and have sent their love. So many people have already been touched by this time here at the hospital. Because of the emails alone, your dad has already had the opportunity to witness to several nurses. Ask them to please continue to pray, as we have a long road ahead of us, but God is good. His mercy endureth forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Mom is so thankful for the cards and emails. Please keep them coming. It always makes dad smile, and is spreading like wildfire throughout Hay's Medical Center. I will try to update again tonight. Thanks for your patience with this very inexperienced "blogger".
Chrystal

No comments: