Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mid Day Update Thursday

It is just after noon and we visited with dad. The doctor stopped mom and said, "He's doing great. Medically speaking, we are just where he needs to be. It is now time for that tough love we spoke of. He must make himself get better." We then went into the room and found dad sitting up eating a popsicle and drinking broth. He saw my beard I have been "working on" (just not shaving since I've been here), and said, "What is that?!"
He talked to us quite a while (15 min) and said that he knew it was going to be a very painful day, but that "I will do it."
He is coughing up the gunk in his lungs and they are about to start some therapy. He wanted us to make mom go back to the hotel and catch up on some sleep. I asked him if there was anything he wanted us to tell all those reading the blog...
"Thank you so much for the prayers. I don't know what would have happened without them, but please, don't quit praying. I need them now more than ever to get through these next days."
What a blessing it was for us to hear him say these words.
Again, the day will be long and quite painful, but should be a good one. Please continue to pray.
I will close with this for now. Dad told us at two different times, the last being 4:00 a.m. this morning, he got at his worst. His vitals were low and his breathing was so difficult. It was then, at 4:00 a.m., (in the words of dad), "a tall, dark headed man came in the room. He took my hand and said, 'Wayne, you are going to be o.k., the Holy Spirit is with you and will comfort and heal you.'" Dad went on to say, "I was filled with fear at that moment and before on Monday early, and both times, that man came and comforted me."
There were no registered visitors Monday morning or at 4 a.m. this morning...
"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
"Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us "
"As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you;"

No comments: