Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Soon Arival!!

The last few days have been filled with anxiousness, excitement, and much work and preparation.  Just this past week, our doctor informed us that my wife will probably give birth in the next few days.  When I received that news, I was in Michigan.  I immediately left towards home.  I called my parents and they too immediately left Kansas and headed home.  The last few hours have been filled with packing bags, cleaning house, stocking supplies, and waiting.  Every few hours I call and check up on my wife.  I dare not stray too far from home.  I wake up each morning with an amazement that I have another day.  The signs are there, the preparations made, the excitement real…just looking and waiting for the event.

 

As I sat today and pondered this thought, I was ashamed.  My life these past 9 months has been in preparation for the arrival of this child, and now we are about there and there are not enough hours in a day, there is so much anticipation, my every thought is “this could be the hour!”  How much more should that be our every day as Christians?

 

Our Lord has promised His coming!  Our Lord has given us signs to watch for…we are there!  We should be spending our every day in preparation for that coming.  We should be cleaning house, busily preparing, staying close to our Lord and His church, and every day we should remind ourselves, “this could be the hour.” 

 

We get so busy in our lives that we forget sometimes that He could return today!  This could be the hour!  Every time my phone rings, the reality hits again, that that could be my wife and it could be now!  Every time you pick up the newspaper or turn on the news, you will hear of wars and rumors of wars; you will hear of famine and diseases; you will hear of earthquakes and pestilences; you will hear of sodomy and sin abounding; you will hear Russia and her aggression; you will hear of cries for peace from around the world….we should be reminded of the reality that He could come now!

 

Friend, are you ready for His arrival?  Do you know Christ as your Saviour?  We need…got to go, my phone is ringing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent reminder! Thanks for sharing!

I'll be praying for you and Stacey in the days / hours ahead!